My sailors are here! Ordered a short week ago... Mark Copplestone delivered. I got a ten man sailor team now, my command and a lovely Maxim. Didn't have a lot of time today, but I started cleaning and assembling the Maxim in the last hour of my day. Sadly I will be too busy this week to paint, but I can at least work a bit on cleaning the miniatures from the occasional flash before going to bed. :)
Btw... I just had a look at the Tugboat by HLBS (http://www.hlbs.co.uk/product.php?id=758)... I am wondering,whether or not it would be crazy and completely unhistorical to get one for my sailors. I'll need to see if I can find some sources on that. Should you know... shoot.
See you soon...
3 comments:
This boat looks great. No idea if it´s 100% historically correct, but I wouldn´t care. having no time to paint really sucks, I had a lot of work over the last weeks too and didn´t paint anything. Made me a bit depressive. Your Sailours will look impressive, when they´re done you´ll have to make a trip to rainy Ostwestfalen and stand against my Whites...
Thanks for showing me that boat..I had to order it last night!
Hey, Jan... I am not sure I should be glad I showed you it. :) Your wallet is now some euros lighter. On the other hand... The result will certainly be amazing when you're done with it. Let me know what the quality is like when you get it.
I know how you felt. All week I had no time to paint and this weekend I got poorly. I wanted to start and finish the Maxim team at least, but I couldn't work on it with temperature and headaches. :( Called in sick today but I'm not sure I am in a painting state yet.
I was thinking of painting the sailors as tsarist, but maybe I'll make Bolsheviks out of them. And they'd certainly like a face off against your Whites. :)
Post a Comment