Sunday, September 12, 2010
The riddle of the varnish solved!
I found out why I have been unhappy with how my matt varnish turned out lately. Some time ago I bought Humbrol Gloss Coat in a bottle. I thought it was the same as the No 35 gloss enamel paint just in a bottle and larger quantity. It seems that is not the case. The bottle seems to hold a simple varnish, while No 35 is an enamel paint (as the Humbrol web page states). I painted a test surface yesterday and varnished it using No 35 for one half of the surface and Gloss Coat for the other half. Today I brushed on my Soluble Matt Varnish by Daler Rowney and the result is revealing. The No 35 side is perfectly matt... the Gloss Coat side still has a sheen to it. There you have it... Back to No 35.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment