Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Russian sailor... in need of vodka!
Ever since the last Tactica and because of the wonderful RCW table by Lt.Hazel and his friends (There would be the LAFers Poliorketes, Aeneas and Professor Witchenheimer... a gathering of considerable forces as you can imagine! You haven't seen it yet? Go and check it out... NOW! The Tactica website awaits.), my mates are RCW crazy. Usually I am fielding my WWI/Balkan Wars Greeks, when we play RCW and no one minds. Last Friday though we set up a beautiful table with about 80 RCW/BOB relevant miniatures and I finally felt jealous. :) Therefore I decided to paint up a ten man team of Russian sailors, their Maxim and the command (Copplestone order pending :D ). One of my mates even gave me one of his sailors, so I can try the painting scheme. The great Lead Adventure forum helped with that quite a bit and so did the painted miniatures by Steve Dean. Needless to say... I had a blast. I painted this guy relatively quickly and he was done in an evening. The black was speed-painted with the help of the GW ink and the white with the help of Austrian White by Foundry. The only thing I paid attention to a bit more was the face. I reckon that a small force of these will look quite nice on a table. Click on the picture to have a better view.
Excuse the photograph. Natural light wasn't helping and neither is the white pair of trousers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
As always,your figures look great!
Indeed Lt. Hazel's board indeed looked great.I should know.....as it was only 2ft from my own table at Tactica!
This is rapid fire painting for you with some models posted just after the other ones....GREAT!
Cheers
Christopher
I know! It's crazy! It's about time Copplestone delivers (I ordered on Sunday :D Hihi)
I guess it helps that my buddies are all working on this period at the moment. It boosts my motivation.
Nice one. Your smooth blending technique is outstanding.
Fortunately, even being able to play on said table itself (it's actually a result of team work) hasn't doomed me yet to give in to the BoB-virus. Time will tell...
Hopefully you will make it to next year's Tactica. In this case it would be an honour to welcome you at our all new table(s) - and infect you anew. ;-)
Cheers
SG
Great work on a great mini. Really nicely done.
I have a bunch of these somewhere and should really get paint on them at some point...
Good to see you painting mate.
Thank you for your kind words, fellas! :)
@Sire Godefroy
In a way I know how you feel. I resisted BoB for such a long time and it was an effortless resistance. Then last Friday came along and boom! Job done. As for the next Tactica... I really hope I can come this time.
@Rob
You really should. Copplestones are made for your skin-tones.
And it feels really good to be painting again as well. Today I am too tired (9 to 7 is a killer) but tomorrow I'll be back at the brush. I really hope the sailors will make it here asap. I haven't felt that kind of a painting "itch" for quite some time.
Sir Godefroy is right, it wasn´t me alone. The table was build by Poliorketes, Aeneas and me, figures are from us three and the famous Professor Witchenheimer!
I´m happy that we infected some people with the RCW/BoB-Virus! It´s my favourite period and a very colourful, too.
Cheers
Jan
I do apologise for not remembering the other participants and only referring them as "friends". :) I will change the post asap.
I am hoping to see some more BoB from you soon, Jan!
Post a Comment