Monday, September 28, 2009

My Napoleonic army is... growing?

For the past two weeks I have been either putting off or not having time to take a picture of my second Napoleonic British base. Finally I got to do that, as well as take some photos of other miniatures, old and new. The new base is the left one.

The canonball is an idea I borrowed from the wonderful AWI figures of Antipater of the Sweetwater forum (Or SirGodefroy on others IIRC). Check his amazing blog here.) (EDIT: Antipater has just pointed out, that he got the idea from another Sweetwater Forum member, Tellus. So, thanks to where thanks are due! Check the Displaced Miniatures for his brilliant work!)



The photo is not the best quality, but I took it at night, which always messes a bit with my light settings.

4 comments:

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

Your second base looks just as good as your first base which is........excellent!

The Doc said...

Thank you, Christopher. They take a lot of time though. The Spartans good painted a lot more smoothly and quickly. The faces and the trousers are my weak spot. The just take forever!

Chris Cornwell said...

wow! nice work!

Secundus said...

I will be getting some of those perrys now, you have made my mind up for me. I also like the fact that the 1815 head option has a covered Shako.