Monday, September 28, 2009

Maasai

Finally some Maasai. I painted these a year ago for our Darkest Africa games, but I lost interest in them very quickly. I actually wanted to paint some colonial British, but was somehow talked into the Maasai. They are quite fine, but they are not on my list at the moment. Maybe one day. The photo was taken today.


5 comments:

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

Again,very nice painting Doc!

The Doc said...

Cheers, Christopher! :)

BigRedBat said...

Very nice! I've always wanted to paint some of those Masai shields- there is a lovely one in the British Museum Africa Gallery.

The Doc said...

I've never been to the Africa Gallery. Maybe I should during my next visit. I am glad you like them.

Peter said...

Nice painting Doc - I really like the skintones you've achieved.

Thanks for the reply regarding weathering - I'll give it a go when I get back to painting my French Napoleonics later this year.

Keep the posts coming.

PeterB