Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Dark Age dwelling by Gripping Beast

At the beginning of this month I was visiting the old Blighty at the same time the Derby World Wargames was held at Derby University. There I picked up - amongst other things - one of the Dark Age buildings produced by Gripping Beast. When I first saw them on their website I was fascinated by the price and I wanted to give them a go, so I ordered one ahead. I must say that this was a great buy and I will be getting more of these. The model was well cast in a sturdy resin with nice crisp details. Unfortunately the roof is not removable, but I can live with that for the wonderful price of 8 pounds! So with these building you have great quality for a lovely price. What more can you ask for?

I was meaning to show you pictures of the unpainted model, but my eagerness to paint it caught up with my laziness to take a photo. The same laziness should be blamed for the crap photos I am posting today, but I wanted to show Lieutenant Hazel that I am still working on stuff for a Dark Age table. :) Next up are three more of my Saxons... Till then, let me know what you think of this little hut... in the prairie?


6 comments:

Chevalier de la Terre said...

Superb painting Doc, very "period atmospheric". Figures are lovely too ;)

CdlT

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

The whole thing just great as always!

Christopher

saxon dog said...

Good job on this building.

Sire Godefroy said...

Your GB houses look way better than my own painted ones. Seemingly, never do them in a hurry. :-(

If you ever make it to the Northern wastes, please take your Dark Ages stuff with you. Would be much appreciated round here, I assume.

Cheers
SG

Ray Rousell said...

You've painted these very well, Superb!!

Sigmar said...

Wow, nice find and a good deal for 8 quid too. You don't make much of a fuss about it but I have to say the paint job is superb.

I'll check out the company to see if they have something in the scale I'm after. Thanks for enlightening me,

Sigmar
my WFB blog
my WFB gallery