Can you believe it? 3 posts in one day!!!
Finally, I finished two more Saxons. The guy in the blue... dress... has been painted 3 times to the varnishing stage and something always went wrong. Now, I am finally done with him. Although he was a pain in the backside, I really liked painting this miniature (well, both of them really) especially because of his face.
The banner will be not my main one. Ælle has a bull's skull as his banner in the Cornwell books, but I absolutely love these Freebooter Miniatures skulls, so I had to use one. Now, I am hoping that the Gripping Beast bull's skull will look as nice as this one.
EDIT: One more view of the banner where the thick white-ish ribbon looks less weird.
Finally, I finished two more Saxons. The guy in the blue... dress... has been painted 3 times to the varnishing stage and something always went wrong. Now, I am finally done with him. Although he was a pain in the backside, I really liked painting this miniature (well, both of them really) especially because of his face.
The banner will be not my main one. Ælle has a bull's skull as his banner in the Cornwell books, but I absolutely love these Freebooter Miniatures skulls, so I had to use one. Now, I am hoping that the Gripping Beast bull's skull will look as nice as this one.
EDIT: One more view of the banner where the thick white-ish ribbon looks less weird.



8 comments:
They look nothing less then superb!!!! Really, really like the shirt work.
Christopher
Love you tones, Great figures!!!
Fantastic job - I really think you've done an amazing job on the weathering and battered look on their equipment
Wow. Your Saxons can take part at Tilman´s and my Game in Hamburg 2012...please!
Cheers
Jan
I thought they would anyway! :) We just need to chat a bit about quantity. I have no idea how many I should do.
And of course, thank you all for your kind words! :)
Inspiring standard!Very rough and tumble looking fellows.
Thank you, Foss. The project is slightly on hold at the moment, due to my co-players starting something else, but I am looking forward to continuing with the Saxons.
Post a Comment