No, I haven't moved back to England...
I am heavily annoyed at the weather gods... After my last post, I jumped into painting full force and finished my last two Schutztruppe plus a generic African civilian, who'll probably accompany my baggage train of mules and donkeys (dreading them and not really keen on painting them!). And lo and behold they took two afternoons and since then, for 5 days now, they've been waiting for their Purity Seal... But I will not even give it a try with humidity of over 50%. Today I finally thought it all looked drier outside... 78% my hygrometer said! Well, they're having a laugh!
:D
After painting 11 miniatures in Khaki or Khaki-related colours, I've decided I need some slight change of scenery. So, I'll be returning to the Saxons (I'd like to get to 10 to 15 guys) and there's also a Future project here in Darmstadt. So either back to my 2RCW Copplestone dudes or I might try to paint some Lead Adventure Miniatures by using the dip method. I think this method would suit them down to the ground and give a nice yet grimy result. I'm only going for small forces, so I'll be back to Africa/Pulp soon-ish, I hope.
I am heavily annoyed at the weather gods... After my last post, I jumped into painting full force and finished my last two Schutztruppe plus a generic African civilian, who'll probably accompany my baggage train of mules and donkeys (dreading them and not really keen on painting them!). And lo and behold they took two afternoons and since then, for 5 days now, they've been waiting for their Purity Seal... But I will not even give it a try with humidity of over 50%. Today I finally thought it all looked drier outside... 78% my hygrometer said! Well, they're having a laugh!
:D
After painting 11 miniatures in Khaki or Khaki-related colours, I've decided I need some slight change of scenery. So, I'll be returning to the Saxons (I'd like to get to 10 to 15 guys) and there's also a Future project here in Darmstadt. So either back to my 2RCW Copplestone dudes or I might try to paint some Lead Adventure Miniatures by using the dip method. I think this method would suit them down to the ground and give a nice yet grimy result. I'm only going for small forces, so I'll be back to Africa/Pulp soon-ish, I hope.
6 comments:
Looking forward to seeing your latest work. The rain can be annoying.
Christopher
Well it's been horrendous here for the last 2 weeks if that's any consolation. I've noticed paint taking longer to dry which is a pain so I decided to get an hair dryer on my bench.
Oh, oddly enough paint is still drying in summertime rates here, which I profusely dislike! Nothing worse than half dried paint on the small brushes. But I'm being kept informed of the weather there and I am sending you my sympathy! :)
In my book rain is better than hot sun, which always distracts me from painting. ;)
However, things like humidity to keep an eye on when varnishing drove me away from spray varnish, and finally I seem to have found a paintable substitute in the Revell Aqua Colour range. Perhaps you should give it a try.
Cheers
SG
PS: Please paint something Dark Age. Could be useful next time you'll be round here...
I have spoken a bit with Lt.Hazel and I know that the project is going on. :) I'll be continuing with the Saxons, that's certain. Even worked on them yesterday evening. :)
Yeah back to your saxons! I loved how you painted them, and you know I need you for the Tactica 2012!
And my invitation still stands!
Cheers
Jan
Post a Comment