I used to have mad cow's disease, but I'm alright Noooooooooo!
-Billy Connolly
I wouldn't usually make such a fuss over a cow, but I count this as an achievement. :) On the one hand, this cow kicked my arse back to painting... On the other is the very first horse-like animal I've ever painted and I do consider this to be a horse painting exercise. I am glad to say that it turned out quite well.
Last time I took some pictures for a friend, he told me, he thought they were darker than usual. At first I thought it was the outside light not playing along, but now I know it was one of my lamps. I've since bought new light bulbs and I must say that they are doing their work quite well.
I do apologise for the lack of activity of late... I'm in a slight hobby limbo, but I am crawling myself out of it... Slowly but steadily.
-Billy Connolly
I wouldn't usually make such a fuss over a cow, but I count this as an achievement. :) On the one hand, this cow kicked my arse back to painting... On the other is the very first horse-like animal I've ever painted and I do consider this to be a horse painting exercise. I am glad to say that it turned out quite well.
Last time I took some pictures for a friend, he told me, he thought they were darker than usual. At first I thought it was the outside light not playing along, but now I know it was one of my lamps. I've since bought new light bulbs and I must say that they are doing their work quite well.
I do apologise for the lack of activity of late... I'm in a slight hobby limbo, but I am crawling myself out of it... Slowly but steadily.

7 comments:
We all loose pace from time to time. Painting should be a labour of love more than an exercise - it shows on every miniature. And this cow looks very nice, so you're on the road again.
What about your Dark Ages project? Would be great to see some progress - maybe to be joined by us other "migration period"-addicted? ;-)
Cheers
SG
Hey SG,
thank you for your kind words. I have some Dark Age miniatures on the go again, but they are not done yet. I've had some continuous trouble with my varnish and I had to paint the same Dark Age miniatures three. When the varnish failed me a third time, I was kinda fed up with them, although it was not their fault. But the project is not dead. I just needed a short break and have since started with the fourth go. :) Now at least I think I know what I am doing with my varnish.
But don't you wait for me. You're doing some magnificently inspiring stuff in the Dark Age theme and I am happy to see any progress on your blog as well. And then there is Aeneas, who also wanted to participate. His painting skills are getting better and better and I am looking forward to his work as well.
Doc,
Thankyou very muuuuuuch for posting :O)(someone had to say it!).
High quality painting!
Glad you've got the old brush back in your hand again.
Darrell.
Great stuff Doc, a lovely painted mini.
the colouring reminds me of the appaloosa horse Kev paints in his book, something i would like to try at some point.
always good to see your minis mate
Happy to see your putting paint to brush again as we all hit slumps from time to time.
Very nice work as usual!
Christopher
As far as cows go, this is Top Cow!!!
Damn nice cow.
Post a Comment