Well, as I have been moaning about varnish problems, I thought I might as well show you what I wanted to varnish in the first place... Thankfully the varnishing worked. After losing some Saxons to it, I welcomed the change and painted some Schutztruppe for our local campaign of the fictional Gumbaland.
The miniatures are Copplestone except for the leader, which is Foundry and painted as a German para-military adventurer sort of type and is slightly inspired by the Germans in Shout at the Devil.



10 comments:
Wow, very nice. The white is most impressive!
Cheers
Jan
I stand completely in awe. Nuff said.
Cheers
SG
As always Doc ultra clean superb brushwork!
Cheers
Christopher
Yes, finally more work! I really like your miniatures - I would never play DA but i quite like some of the miniatures for this period.
Stephan
Really like what I see! Would you mind sharing which colours you used for the Askari!
Thanks, Marcus
Thanks, guys! :) Those are really really kind words.
Malkav, the skin is just Foundry Dusky Flesh A, then a Devlan Mud wash, highlight with Dusky Flesh A, then with A+B, pure B here and there and then wash with a mixture of Devlan Mud and Gryphonne Sepia. Dead simple. The Khaki is basically Vallejo Green Ochre highlighted by adding Iraqui Sand. Let me know if you need to know more.
Love them Doc and very jealous :)
The white clothes of the German are very well painted, like it a lot.
Great painting, I agree with Lt.Hazel the chap in white is most impressive!!
I nominated you for an award here:
http://christopher-bunkerhill.blogspot.com/
Great minis again btw.:-)
Christopher
Post a Comment