Here are another two characters for our Skirmish. These are probably more Thegns, both wearing versions of the Sutton Hoo helmet. The left one is from the command pack by GB while the right is from the Saxon-Frank command pack by Wargames Foundry. This time I've used LBM transfers for the shields, which reduced the painting time considerably.
Although the Foundry figures are smaller, I think the can mingle quite comfortably with the GB and Musketeer miniatures. I've just had to raise the Foundry figure slightly to make the size difference less obvious. Here's a group shot.
Finally, more beavers to use with your puns! :) I've finally painted all eight supplied by Northstar. They are quite small but very grumpy. These Saxons probably messed with their dam.



14 comments:
Excellent work as usual !
And congratulations for your beavers which are so cute !!!
Jean-Baptiste
Superb painting, I love the feel you create with your Dark Ages figures.
CdlT
Absolutely lovely painting Doc!Your Saxon army will look stunning when your finished!
Cheers
Christopher
Very nice work Doc.
Helen
Thank you for your kind words! Really appreciate it. I'm looking forward seeing them on one table with but against Lt. Hazels amazing Britons.
Superb painting, can never get enough of the dark age figures.
I find that most of the dark age figures from the different manufacturers mix well together.
amazing painting! its really nice to see your collection growing!
are you basing them for WAB or some other rule set?
Excellent show! Your painting style has become quite distinctive - and it fits these miniatures perfectly.
Just wondering how big the table will be with that many beavers on it. :-o
And please, don't forget those bloody footsloggers to be bossed around by the chieftain lot. ;-)
Cheers
SG
Thank you, guys!
Achilles, the system is not certain yet, but it will most certainly be a skirmish system like Pig Wars or Brytenwalda.
Sire Godefroy, I am really glad you like them. Your Dark Age projects are more than inspirational! I don't know how big the table will be but the beavers are tiiiiiny. They all fit on two 25mm bases. :)
Concerning the footsloggers... I don't have any at the moment because my girlfriend went for the cool guys when she chose my present. :) On the other hand, since this is a skirmish system, I am not certain what percentage of my troops should be elite and what percentage should be rather unarmoured guys. AS you've seen already, Lt. Hazel is going for an elite looking skirmish force. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Eksairetikh douleia Dimitri!!!
Well done mate! They really came out a treat!!
T.
Late to reply, but those are beautiful!
I love the clean paintjobs. The models seem to be really interesting. I got to check if I can find some in a shop. Would be a nice diversion to all the 40k minis I paint.
great stuff
Post a Comment