My finger is slowly on the mend and although it is still giving me some stability problems, I managed to finish my first miniature. Inspired by Lt. Hazels Britons and destined to face them in the near future (hence the similar base colours), the first Saxon has jumped of his ship ready to fight... bare handed for the time being. :)
Because I will be flying back to Germany in about a month, I decided to not include any spears yet, in my paranoid fear that they might be classed as dangerous objects and thrown in the bin. So, late February I will make another picture of this chap and the ones to follow when they will be all ready for battle!
Excuse the slight poorer photographic display... I only have one lamp in England. I am also struggling a bit with my colour choice, as I have most of my paints in Germany, but I guess I get to mix more now and that's also quite a lot of fun. :)

5 comments:
He looks absolutely great Doc!
Cheers
Christopher
Couldn´t agree more with Christopher! Now we only have to get some geese...
Very nice indeedy!
Superb mate, very nice. Like the red and the shield the most, very effective
Thanks fellas! :)
This shield is hand painted but Steve from LBM should be sending out my order any time soon. :)
By the way, may I just say once more that BillT is an amazing sculptor!
Post a Comment