This is my second completed Saxon while a few more are getting near completion. This for me represents Hrothgar, Ælle's son from the books of Cornwell. His posture could be leisurely awaiting a foe with the conviction of a young strong fighter... or perhaps, deed done, he is having a breather scanning the battlefield for the next enemy after wiping his sword clean on his last victim's clothes. Although capable in battle, his shield still carries a protective shield knot.
Before I get carried away... here he is. Shield was again hand-painted and I really enjoyed painting him. Miniature is by GB this time and I love the helm, even if the details are a bit muddy.
Last week I also visited Northstar and bought some beavers... One of them just came up to me and complained about the absence of a river to build a dam on. I think we will have to rectify this injustice on our table. Lt. Hazel will have to disagree at his own peril!


10 comments:
Great work. I like the shield especially.
Very Nice work
He's very nice. Are you doing a unit, or are they for skirmish?
The sheild looks fantastic, not too sure about the beavers though lol!!
Beautiful tones and really fine work on that shield Doc!!
Cheers
Christopher
Thanks guys. Your comments are really kind.
Simon, these will be used for a skirmish we are planning with Lt. Hazel and some other guys. Check out his stuff as well...
Sounds fun. A great series of books...
Lovely mini Doc,the beavers are good too (-:
beautiful painting, I really like the shield! for a momment I thought its a transfer but then I realized that no transfer can look so good! well done!
Really cool work Doc,
Superb shield and of course I'm always fond of a good looking beaver.
Cheers
Paul
Post a Comment