Thursday, November 4, 2010

Black Legion Landsknecht

This is my contribution to the Sweetwater Forum Miniature Swap organised by Lt. Hazel. It was a joy to participate and the results are really cool, so check them out here.

Regulator of Sweetwater and the Steve Dean Forum sent me this miniature and I have to say that it was a joy to paint. Not the easiest of tasks though and I have to send my respect to all Landsknecht players and painters. You suffer every day and you have my sympathies. :D

I decided to depict a plundering mercenary of the Black Legion. I was told since that the Black Legion is rather problematic historically but I find it fits the bill. I can see a bunch of these fellas telling Maximilian to get lost. And then they grab a pig and a sausage each.

7 comments:

Rob Jones said...

Awesome Doc, very nice!

Stephan Huber aka Regulator said...

Lovely painting Doc - Can't wait to hodl him in my hands. I hope I get you in the next painting swap again - I still have more LAndsknechts here! :D

Stephan

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

Excellent painting yet again Doc!!

Cheers
Christopher

Greywolf said...

Lovely Doc,your basing is excellent too,interesting but subtle,the figure is not subsumed by the base,I ramble.


Guy

The Doc said...

Thank you all for your kind words. Glad you said something positive about the base, Greywolf. I usually am just too cautious to try out something more extravagant although I would like to sometimes.

Priamo.Tfe said...

Very beautiful! Congratulations! One question: What colors you use to paint the Pegasus russian house of the old post?

The Doc said...

Hey Priamo,

for the roof I used the Foundry Rawhide Triad. For the wood I used (in that order)Vallejo Burnt Umber- Vallejo Beige Brown- Vallejo Khaki- GW's Bleached Bone. I must also add that this is Lt. Hazel's recipe for which I am very, very thankful.