Sunday, October 17, 2010

Long live the revolutionary red fleet!

Well, there we go. My goal achieved in about a month. I managed to paint 10 sailors and a 3 man Maxim team and I am really proud of these. Here are the latest additions: A flag bearer and riflemen.





The flag is made out of some metal foil tomato purée tube. :) I received very valuable tips about how to make this from Plynkes on the LAF and I'd like to thank him once more for the help.

Well, let's get a group shot together then, before I start trying out painting methods on my Bolshevik infantry. Speed is my goal again but I'm afraid I won't be able to use the washes. I still have some sailors left (1 commander, 3 riflemen and the Naval Command by Brigade games), but I need a bit of a change for a while. For our campaign we need command groups consisting out of 3 to 4 miniatures, so I might make my overall command group for my army a naval one. We'll see. Here are the riflemen:


and here everyone together... Smile!



They were already tested on the battlefield last Friday suffering 5 loses but dishing out an impressive 18! Needless to say that the Bolsheviks won the fight that day.

8 comments:

Lt.Hazel said...

Great force! Hope we´ll meet one day.
Cheers
Jan

The Doc said...

Oh, me too, Jan... Me too! These chaps rocked on the battlefield last Friday. Must be the flag encouraging them. :) Let's see how fast I can paint my Bolshevik infantry. The next month might be a bit bumpy what painting is concerned.

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

They did so well,because they are painted so damn nice!!

Cheers
Christopher

The Doc said...

Thank you, Christopher! :) Well, I guess it was mostly because they were a full force this Friday. Last time I needed to borrow 3 Chinese and we were wiped out! :)

BigRedBat said...

Splendid little chaps! Simon

Sollado2 said...

Oh my God,this blog is a really spectacular show!!!! This pictures are awesome, congratulations Doc, u are very inspiring. Well done!!!

The Doc said...

Thank you for all the kind comments, guys! Glad you like them.

Paulalba said...

Really cool painting
cheers
Paul