Yesterday I finished what would have been my final miniature painted in England; a Frankish unarmoured warrior by Foundry. I was really pleased with the result, but with all the washing hanging about yesterday, showers just behind us and slightly rainy outside the GW purity seal I use as an intremediary between gloss and matte just clouded on me. It is my mistake really, I was too impatient, but, damn, it's annoying! So that's it from me till after the Tactica show in Hamburg. Pfffff...
6 comments:
I really hate it when that happens... :(
I use GW purity seal as well and it is DEFINITELY dependent on weather conditions. That's why i have 15 minis waiting to be varnished because it has been so cold and rainy in my part of the UK.
Ive heard that another coat of purity seal (in good conditions) can get rid of the cloud but that maybe an urban legend...
Oh, I tried that but that was before I realised how humid it really was in the house. I also tried rubbing him lightly with white spirit but it was too late sadly... :(
I am really sorry man... I know how frustrating that can be. It happened to me as well in the past... All I can say is stick to your brushes. Never, ever spray varnish on your models... At least that is what I do ever since I had that bad experience...
Thanks, mate! I guess I should check out if there is such a think as a sturdy brush on satin or matte varnish as an intermediate coat. I love my matte varnish by Daler-Rowney but I feel it's not tough enough.
I've had that happen Doc and it can be very annoying to say the least. I usually add the protective coat in my hobby room in the basement where I no longer have this weather dependent problem.
Cheers
Christopher
Yeah, a designated room would have been great but sadly I don't have one, neither here nor in Germany. In Germany however I have a Hygrometer, so I know when to spray and when not to. I sprayed a black primed miniature today under better conditions and after a good airing of the apartment and the result was the usual good result I've had till now using Purity Seal. So I have only myself to blame really... Sadly that doesn't make it any better. :)
Post a Comment