Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you've had a good Christmas weekend and you've enjoyed good food and plenty to drink as I have!
As you will have noticed, I am not that productive lately. This is not so much due to the fact that I am not at home for a while, as I have taken my painting tools with me... More hindering has been an injury of my middle finger of my left hand... my painting hand, sadly. The cut was quite severe, going all the way to the bone, but I have been assured by doctors that the tendons seem to be intact, although the finger is still swollen after three weeks and I cannot bend it that much. Obviously all the soft tissue is still swollen and prevents much movement. Still, things are getting better. I can use that hand to write now, which is an improvement, so I am hoping to be able to paint soon.
My dear girlfriend has been most kind to me though by gifting me with the new Dallimore book and some Saxons by GB and Musketeer, after she saw me admire the Arthurian miniatures by Lt. Hazel! Best... girlfriend... ever!
Other than that, I am finding my new surroundings in Nottingham very interesting. I might not be painting, but I am playing a lot of Day of Defeat with interesting adversaries and companions like the Perry brothers, the Warlord team and Alessio Cavatore, who enjoys running around with the entrenching tool! :) Everyone has been so kind to me here! Such an interesting time at the Mecca of Wargames, even if only till February!
That's it for me for now... See you soon with some painted miniatures... I hope!
7 comments:
Merry Christmas Dimitri! You should merry your girlfriend ;-)
Hope your finger will be OK as soon as possible!Left hand up brother!
Cheers
Jan
Merry Christmas an I hope you are back painting really soon.
Still, it can't be all bad by gaming. The game sounds interesting.
Cheers,
Helen
Merry Christmas Doc,
Home your finger heals soon!
There is nothing like something blocking your painting when you feel the desire to get some figures done.
cheers
Paul
Merry Christmas Doc and I hope your finger heals soon,so I can see more of your excellent work.
Seems to me you have great company in Nottingham!
Cheers
Christopher
Thank you so much for your kind wishes, everybody!
Helen and Christopher, things certainly are interesting here... That's why I haven't gone berserk yet! :) As Paul said and as you've probably experienced... If you want to paint but can't it drives you mad.
Left hand up (I apologise for the swollen middle finger!! :D Please ignore it)! :)
Perastika agaphte! :-)
Eisai poly tyxeros gia thn kopela sou!!! :-)
T.
S'euxaristo poly! :) I know I am lucky having a girlfriend so tolerant towards my hobby! :)
Post a Comment