A Musketeer Miniature from their Crusade line had to suffer. The colours I chose are an off white and red, because I am thinking of using this technique for some Napoleonic Highlanders. Therefore I had to experiment with the colours. I am quite pleased with the result... The white looks a bit weird, but all in all, a decent looking fella. Still a bit of work to be done before I can produce such results as Mr. Dog.
This dipping technique will now be applied to 10 Tiger Miniatures Greeks for a Back of Beyond Game in two weeks.
EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention something about the painting time for this guy. 30 Minutes, if you don't take into account the time the Dip takes to dry. I was not very careful with the highlights, which might show a bit, but still... 30 minutes... Not bad.

8 comments:
Nothing to cavil at here. For sure, you can achieve better results by painting in the usual manner. But it's definitely an alternative to produce real armies.
Which dip tone did you use? I'm still humming over this issue.
Cheers
SG
I personally think this looks great! Although, as I've found, it makes the Red a little unusual and fluorescent.
Very nice!I'm trying my Trojans without a highlight and so my fingers are crossed.
Cheers
Christopher
Sire Godefroy, I've used the strong tone. I find it brings the best result. Still, you have to keep in mind that, like Saxon Dog, I tried only to glaze the miniature. Some pooling is ok, but you don't want the glazed tone to be too dark.
Christopher, it works perfectly without highlights. I think my WWII chaps look more than alright and not a single highlight was applied there.
Thank you Consul. I know what you mean, but with my Vallejo Vermilion, I found the result to be quite pleasing.
Hi Doc,
Looking good! I would be happy with a unit of these!
Very nice painting.
I've started using washes and dips to save time, too, including the expensive but convenient GW ones. And a big tin of Walnut Floor stain, which is almost as convenient and costs about 1% of the price!
Great to see some more of your work mate! These figs look fine, and 30 minutes is damn fast, too!
Thanks guys. Lets see how the Tiger Miniature Greeks will turn out. I am a bit worried about them, because their sculpting is not that consistent. I wonder if it's worth it to go through all the highlighting fuss. :)
Post a Comment