Return of the Greek...
Painted a miniature this weekend... Things are starting to move ahead. I am slowly crawling forward. :) Decided to try out my colour palette for my WWII British Paras. This is based mainly on the Artizan Painting Guides, which are very very helpful.
Somehow I am pleased with this fella, but something doesn't feel right. I think it might be the face. I am missing strong contours, I think, that would give him a bit more life. This is mostly due to painting inactivity, I reckon.
The trousers are also a bit funny. I highlighted English Uniform with Desert Yellow and I am uncertain of the results. Next time, I'll use something else.
Any ideas for improving the painting scheme both aesthetically as well as historically? I am all ears. I am also looking for a better painting solution for the metal of the weapons...

Before the weekend I also painted the little Baueda Pillbox. The MG-42 is from Bolt Action.
Just for the record... Here are some dipped paras. I think I will go for the conventional method.
Painted a miniature this weekend... Things are starting to move ahead. I am slowly crawling forward. :) Decided to try out my colour palette for my WWII British Paras. This is based mainly on the Artizan Painting Guides, which are very very helpful.
Somehow I am pleased with this fella, but something doesn't feel right. I think it might be the face. I am missing strong contours, I think, that would give him a bit more life. This is mostly due to painting inactivity, I reckon.
The trousers are also a bit funny. I highlighted English Uniform with Desert Yellow and I am uncertain of the results. Next time, I'll use something else.
Any ideas for improving the painting scheme both aesthetically as well as historically? I am all ears. I am also looking for a better painting solution for the metal of the weapons...

Before the weekend I also painted the little Baueda Pillbox. The MG-42 is from Bolt Action.
Just for the record... Here are some dipped paras. I think I will go for the conventional method.


6 comments:
they look nice
I like em a lot!! The faces are to "clean", may be a 5-o´clock shadow will help to make them look tougher?
Just saw them on sweetwater and like I said there just really great stuff Doc and glad your posting again.:-)
Cheers
Christopher
Thank you guys.
I am planning that next, Lt. Hazel. :) I couldn't remember my skin recipe that well anymore so I was a bit reluctant to do that.
How do you achieve your 5-o`clock shadow? Washes or do you paint and highlight them?
I wash with heavyliy thined grey and highlight if necessary.
Thank you, Lt. :) I'll give it a try next time. I usually end up messing up the face if I use washes, because the wash just runs wild. Wish me luck. :)
Post a Comment